Are you thinking about remodeling or renovating a property, or a commercial establishment and you are wondering how to replace carpet with vinyl flooring? It is an easy and simple process that requires little technical knowledge.
The installation of vinyl flooring is not only extremely simple, but it also offers numerous advantages.
At L’Antic Colonial we explain how to replace carpet with vinyl flooring and why you should do it.
How to remove a carpet?
Over the years, the carpet has been the first choice for many people when covering room floors, however, this option is falling out of use due to the many disadvantages of its use.
To find out how to replace a carpet with vinyl flooring, you must first start by removing the carpet. To do this, you can hire the services of a professional or do it yourself. It is not a difficult job, but it can take some time.
If you want to get down to work and remove the carpet yourself, at L’Antic Colonial we tell you how to do it step by step. You will need the following materials:
- A spatula
- A cutter or a sharp knife to cut the carpeting
- A face mask and gloves to protect yourself.
How to replace carpet with vinyl flooring:
To remove the carpet, you must follow the following steps:
- First: remove all furniture and objects that are in the room. It is best to store them in another room until you have finished in order to avoid any damage.
- Remove the baseboards from the room before starting, if there are any. To do this, you can use a spatula as a help.
- Second: with the use of a cutter cut the edges of the carpet, always starting from one of the corners to remove the glue or adhesive tape that may have.
- Cut sections that do not exceed one meter in length and pull them to tear off the carpet. With the spatula remove the adhesive residues that remain, in case it is necessary to use solvent (it is very important to follow the instructions indicated on the product).
- Third: when you have removed all the carpet, clean everything with water and neutral soap. Once dry you can install the vinyl flooring.
Why replace carpet with vinyl flooring?
Here are some of the reasons why you should replace the carpet with vinyl flooring:
- Even though it is a cold insulating material, during the warmer seasons of the year it can cause temperatures to increase greatly in the room. However, vinyl flooring allows for a better temperature regulation while maintaining a comfortable temperature all year round.
- In addition, many of the collections that you will find in L’Antic Colonial’s Linkfloor range catalog are suitable for installation over water underfloor heating.
- Cleaning is the second reason why it is not advisable to install carpet in a room. Although it does not require much maintenance, any food or drink stain can be a real headache.
- In addition, carpeting cannot get wet and if it does, it can lead to dampness and unpleasant odors. It is not recommended for people with asthma or allergy problems.
- As we have already mentioned, carpets cannot get wet, so they are not suitable for installation in areas with high humidity, unlike L’Antic Colonial’s vinyl flooring, which can be installed in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, etc.
How to install vinyl flooring?
Now that you know how to remove carpet to install vinyl flooring, we will proceed to explain how to lay this type of material.
In the L’Antic Colonial catalog we have 4 different installation systems: Lock, Drop Lock, Loose Lay and glued down.
In three simple steps you will have installed your vinyl flooring with this system:
- First, tilt the sheet slightly.
- Then, fit the sheet with respect to the rest and in the place where you are going to place it.
- Press for a few seconds and you will have your sheet ready.
One of the main features of this system is its safety, since the pressure exerted between the slats reinforces the bond between them.
Drop Lock System
For vinyl floors with Drop Lock system you must follow the following steps:
- First adjust the plank lengthwise to the previously laid plank.
- Make a couple of light blows with a rubber hammer. Ready, you have your vinyl flooring in place.
Loose Lay System
In this case you will need a double-sided adhesive tape or acrylic adhesive suitable for this type of flooring. The steps to follow are.
- Place the tiles on the floor using double-sided adhesive tape to ensure the fastening of rows of product every 3 linear meters.
- Fit the pieces together, they must be pressed together during installation,
- Finally, press the piece for a few seconds.
With the glued system you will also need adhesive for installation and follow the steps below:
- Glue the surface where the slats are to be placed.
- Glue the slats lengthwise to the already glued one.
- Finally, press lightly for a few seconds.
Vinyl flooring at L’Antic Colonial for your home
Now that you know how to remove carpet to install vinyl flooring, we invite you to visit our catalog on the L’Antic Colonial website where you will find a wide variety of collections to suit any space.
Our vinyl floors are not only easy to install, but they are also safe, comfortable, water and moisture resistant and versatile, among other advantages.
L’Antic Colonial has more than 20 years in the marketing and distribution of high-end products, allowing us to offer only high-quality materials.
We invite you to visit our blog, where you will find an infinite number of ideas that will serve as inspiration.
If you have any doubts or questions, you can contact us.