Being Woodlovers it is not surprising we love wood in all shapes and sizes. In this article we talk about wood as part of the interior design of your home and the advantages of using natural wood for doors and windows in your house.
Even though it sometimes doesn’t get the attention it deserves, the interior carpentry of a house is fundamental in the design of every room. Both doors and windows should be a continuation of the style defined in the interior of same. In the case of wood, the countless number of choices means you can find the style which best fits your house without sacrificing quality, style or comfort.
Wood in interior carpentry: things to take into account
When choosing wooden doors, not only should you think of the way they look but also of the quality to ensure good insulation, durability and safety – and natural wood meets all these criteria.
Regarding windows, wood is a material in great demand because of its insulating ability, which is much above that of materials such as aluminium. Besides this, it offers many possibilities as regards design and finish.
Among the many types of wood, the following can be used for doors and windows:
- Hard woods such as oak, ash, poplar or walnut which are darker and have a grainier finish.
- Soft woods such as pine, fir or cypress, more economical with a less veined finish .
There are a wide range of varied designs in different colours and shapes for doors and windows on the market, from the simplest style to the most baroque with which to dress your house. But why should you choose natural wood as the material for the carpentry in your house? If you are still not convinced, look at the advantages of plumping for this material.
Advantages of using natural wood in windows and doors
Over the last few years natural wood has regained its leading role not only in interior carpentry but also in furniture and decorative items. The feeling of warmth that this fine material transmits, its robustness and its capacity to insulate against sudden changes of temperature, in addition to the latest improvements in finishes and in maintenance are some, but not all, of the advantages as shown by the FEIM (initials in Spanish of the Spanish Federation of Wood Industries.
- Wood is one of the most hard-wearing materials, especially now with the advances in treatment with the application of new technologies.
- It is recyclable and reusable and its use contributes to optimising energy efficiency, as it is capable of reducing CO2 emissions.
- The cellulose from it absorbs a large part of the energy from the waves it receives making it excellent for sound proofing.
- It is very waterproof
- The quality of natural wood makes your home feel cosy and comfortable.
- Wood has a wide range of finishes, which is why it is the ideal material to create personal and special spaces.
Opt for wood for the doors and windows in your home. At Woodlovers, as you can imagine, we have already done it.